Frequently Asked Information
All three of the Casas are located on Ocean Blvd., within walking distance to the charming downtown area of the Isle of Palms, SC. Casa Flamingo and Casa Banana are located right next to each other and Casa Margarita is only four-(4) doors down from Casa Flamingo.
- Downtown Charleston is 20 minutes from the Casas on the Isle of Palms.
- The Charleston International Airport is 25 minutes from the Isle of Palms.
Front Door Locks
The Casas have Kaba code locks (keyless entry door locks for the homes) on the front entrance doors. Upon check-in, you’ll get the code and every guest will be able to access the home anytime during your stay with that code. No key to share or try to keep track of as it’s a keyless entry system. 🙂
- Casa Margarita and Casa Banana – Both of these homes have Kaba code locks (keyless entry door locks for the homes) on the doors (1st floor – in the garage and 2nd floor – main front door). Both locks will have the same code for use.
- Casa Flamingo - Casa Flamingo has Kaba code locks (keyless entry door locks for the home) on the front doors (1st floor and 2nd floor).
Bed Linens (sheets, pillowcases, mattress pads, blankets) are included in the price of the home rental. There are also bed linens and extra pillows for the sleeper sofa beds (linens are folded in bags in the closets). Bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths are also included in the home rental price.
* There is a full size washer and dryer in the home for your use as well.
The Casas have starter toilet paper (2 rolls in each bath), paper towels (one roll in the kitchen), and two tall kitchen garbage bags. There are garbage bags already placed in the kitchen and bathroom waste baskets. There will also be a new sponge, Dawn dishwashing detergent, Cascade dishwashing detergent tablets, laundry detergent (a small one use box), and two kitchen hand towels on the kitchen counter for you. If you think you might use more than that then I’d add it to the list to bring with you or buy when you get to the island.
- Coffee Makers in the Casas
- Casa Margarita – There are two regular coffee makers and a Keurig coffee maker in the home for your use.
- Casa Flamingo – There are two regular coffee makers and a Keurig coffee maker in the home for your use.
- Casa Banana – There is one regular coffee maker and a Keurig coffee maker in the home for your use.
- ICE – There are Sub-Zero refrigerators that have ice makers in the Casas. If you are filling up coolers or have a large group then you’ll want to purchase extra bags of ice for your stay.
- We don’t stock spices or condiments in the home for sanitary reasons.
The Casas have gas grills for your use. While staying at one of the homes, if you notice that the propane gas is low then let us know and we’ll have someone bring you another propane tank out and hook it up for you at no cost.
Beach Equipment / Towels
We used to stock beach stuff but everything kept disappearing. We do provide all linens (including bath towels, hand towels and washcloths) but don’t provide beach towels as they kept disappearing too. There are beach equipment and supply rental companies that service the Isle of Palms. Please see “Trip Planning” on our website for more information.
We don’t stock cribs, high chairs, pack ‘n play’s, etc. at the Casas. There is a baby supply rental company that services the Isle of Palms called Baby’s Away. Please see “Trip Planning” on our website for more information.
The cleaning fee is included in the price of each Casa rental. The cleaning crew will clean the home after your departure. We have trash corrals (trash and recycling bins) in the driveway of the home for you to take your trash to if the trash bins get full in the home.
Per the City of Isle of Palms Fire Code, the Casas are allowed a specific number of vehicles per home. The City Ordinance states that you may have extra cars at the house during the day as long as they all fit in the driveway. However, they all have to be gone (besides the number per home allowed) by quiet hours.
- Casa Margarita – is allowed up to eleven-(11) vehicles maximum in the driveway.
- Casa Flamingo – is allowed up to nine-(9) vehicles maximum in the driveway.
- Casa Banana – is allowed up to seven-(7) vehicles maximum in the driveway.
Extra Parking: If needed, you may also park extra vehicles on the main street (Ocean Blvd.) at the parking meters - paid parking area. Those parking spots are right up the road from the Casas – would take you less than a minute or two to get to the Casas on foot. This is a back-up option just in case you need it. 🙂
Each Casa is equipped with an elevator for use which accesses the garage area, 1st floor, 2nd floor, and 3rd floor (if applicable) of the homes. To use the elevator there is a $750 refundable elevator deposit required. Max. Weight Limit for Elevators: 450 lbs.
- Casa Margarita – the elevator measures: 30” x 42”
- Casa Flamingo – the elevator measures: 30 ½” x 46”
- Casa Banana – the elevator measures: 30” x 41”
Within the 60 days prior to arrival time period:
- If you cancelled within 24 hours of the deposit date you would receive a full refund.
- If within the 60 days of arrival and after the first 24 hours, then you would forfeit the entire rental cost.
Outside of the 60 days prior to arrival time period:
- If you cancelled within 3 days of the deposit date you would receive a full refund.
- If you cancelled after the 3 days, then you would receive a refund of the amount paid (minus a $50 cancellation fee) if it is 60 days prior to arrival.
- If you cancelled within the 60 days of arrival, then you would forfeit the entire rental cost.